BADS BKA Tuition Overview
Throughout the year BADS BKA run numerous events for members and non-members to introduce beekeeping, improve your beekeeping and help with official BBKA qualifications.
We run days for non-beekeepers and courses for existing beekeepers.
The schedule of courses for 2021 are shown below.
Education Programme – 2021
High Mead Farm, Ham Ln, Ferndown, Dorset, BH22 9DP
Unless stated otherwise, all 6 sessions are on Saturday 10.30– 12.30:
- 27th March 2021
- 3rd April 2021
- 10th April 2021
- 17th April 2021
- 24th April 2021
- 1st May 2021
- 8th May
- Members £45
- Non Members £65
- Introduction and Talk (via Zoom).
- Equipment, hygiene, colony acquisition, hive notes (theory via Zoom).
- Smoker, hive tools and frame/hive assembly.
- Weekly Inspection (Part 1). Health of colony, inspection check list.
- Weekly Inspection (Part 2). Space, swarm signs, queen spotting and stores.
- Supering and Varroa.
- Winter feeding.
Numbers will be limited to 16 people and therefore enrollment is necessary
Cost: Members £45.00, Non-Members £65.00
Cheque: payable to “BADS BKA” and send to:
Mrs Natalie Sewell
5 Meadow Close,
Ferndown, BH22 8RN
“Bournemouth & Dorset South Beekeepers’ Association “
Sort Code 30 93 25
Account number 00782758